Affordable Denture Services in Glendale & Peoria AZ
A denture is a removable replacement for missing teeth and surrounding tissues. There are two types of dentures available – complete and partial dentures. Complete dentures are used when all the teeth are missing, while partial dentures are used when some natural teeth remain.
Types of Dentures
Complete dentures can be either “conventional” or “immediate”. It is made after the teeth are removed and the gum tissue starts to heal, a conventional denture can be used in the mouth within 8 to 12 weeks after the teeth have been removed. Unlike conventional dentures, “immediate” dentures are made in advance and can be positioned the day teeth are removed.
Most of the removable partial denture consists of teeth replacement fixed to a pink or gum-colored plastic base. This is sometimes connected by either a tissue colored, flexible material or metal framework which holds the denture in place.
Are there alternatives to dentures? Yes. Ask us how dental implants can be used to support cemented bridges and eliminate the need for dentures.
There are also conventional full dentures, immediate full dentures.
Conventional denture systems can last quite some time. Proper care should be used to make sure your denture system lasts as long as you need them.
For more information on taking care of dentures
Some tips on taking care of your dentures include:
- Soak your dentures in plain water when not wearing them
- Brush your dentures on a daily basis and prevent them from becoming stained
- Make regular checkup visits to your dentist and have your dentures examined
- There are many denture cleansing creams and solutions to help maintain your dentures
- Full Dentures, Partial Dentures, Denture Care – Learn More
- Caring For Your Dentures: Cleaning and Repairing Dentures
- Denture Care Instructions and Tips | Oral-B